We’re hiring! Find out more about job opportunities at spiked and how to apply below.
ADVERTISING SALES EXECUTIVE
- Media sales: You will work with the team and third-party agencies to create new opportunities and leads for spiked’s various platforms, including our website, podcasts, YT videos, newsletters and events.
- Direct brand partners: You will work with the team to build carefully selected advertising partnerships that are right for the brands we work with, right for our readers and supporters, and right for spiked.
- Find and develop sales leads to grow advertising revenue
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with advertisers and partners
- Act as the dedicated point of contact for customer queries
- Collaborate with the editorial team to align advertising campaigns and commercial offerings on various platforms
- Conduct continuous market research and competitor analysis to identify new opportunities and areas for growth
- Track performance, user behaviour, and revenue trends
- Report on monthly activities, insights and future strategies
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all communication
You will be working with the Operations Director and the editorial team.
Although we are advertising for a full-time position, we are open to part-time or flexible working.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A hunter mindset with experience of driving sales revenue
- Ideally experience in advertising sales, preferably in the online media or publishing sector
- You will enjoy picking up the phone, making new connections, building strong relationships, pitching, negotiating, and closing business
- Commercially minded with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication, written customer-facing skills and resilience in handling rejection
- Strong analytical skills, adept at interpreting data to make informed decisions
- Strong IT skills, including Google Analytics and WordPress specific experience
- A commitment to spiked’s editorial principles
- Experience of securing brand partners
- A keenness to develop in the role as spiked grows
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- An ability to produce briefs, social-media copy and other engaging material
- Experience with creative design and building presentations
Competitive pay and commission based on experience.
- A generous pension contribution
- Annual leave allowance of 28 days (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Additional four privilege days set around Christmas and New Year
- The flexibility of a hybrid working environment
- A tight-knit team of like-minded individuals
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email Viv Regan: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to attach a CV and an introductory letter, telling us why you are best suited to this job and why you want to work at spiked.
We are taking applications on a rolling basis so get your applications in as soon as possible.