Telling the truth about trans is not ‘hate speech’

YouTube has banned an interview with Posie Parker for saying trans women are men.

spiked

An interview with feminist Posie Parker has been taken down by YouTube because it constitutes ‘hate speech’, which could incite ‘hatred and/or violence against protected groups’.

In an interview on the Triggernometry podcast, Parker restated her apparently controversial view that men who transition to female are still men.

The video was online for 24 hours and was watched by around 35,000 people until YouTube took it down. The tech giant also gave the Triggernometry channel a warning. After three further warnings, a channel can be permanently deleted.

A clip from the podcast is currently still up on YouTube:

Konstantin Kisin, cohost of Triggernometry, told spiked: ‘We did what any mainstream broadcaster would do… We invited Posie on, discussed her views and pushed back against them. Open debate like this is what brings us closer to the truth.’

Parker joins the long list of women who have been censored by an unholy alliance of Big Tech companies and trans activists for speaking out about women’s rights, such as Meghan Murphy and Lindsay Shepherd. Parker was also banned permanently from Facebook last week.

Really what Parker and other feminists are arguing is the truth as the vast majority of people understand it – that people who are born male cannot become female by declaring themselves to be female. But telling the truth is a dangerous act in our censorious age.

Posie Parker is an upcoming guest, alongside Venice Allan, on The Brendan O’Neill Show. Subscribe here so you never miss an episode.

Comments

Chris Embry

26th November 2019 at 3:52 am

It IS hate speech, though. Hate speech is a category of speech that was invented to prevent people from speaking out against those who actually have power in our society. Hate speech is often the only speech that matters, and the right to hate speech should be protected with a new constitutional amendment that clarifies the first one.

Maurice Austin

23rd November 2019 at 4:43 am

Something must have happened. I am watching the entire clip on YouTube (1 hour and 1 minute long) as we speak. I am in Australia and at the time of writing (early am on 23 Nov UK time) the entire interview has been viewed 85, 306 times.

Maurice Austin

23rd November 2019 at 4:45 am

Ah. Just seen comment by Tim Wheeler below. Delete reference!

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

22nd November 2019 at 12:57 pm

The hysteria generated by such a small minority is quite something to behold. I strongly suspect that the vast majority of trans people don’t give a damn what anyone else thinks.

Tim Wheeler

21st November 2019 at 12:06 pm

I also saw the interview before it was taken down (and I’m very pleased it’s been reinstated.) The Triggernometry boys Konstantin & Francis are absolute heroes for championing free speech and honest & civilized exchanges of ideas in a readily accessible public forum. Their thoughtful content deeply shames the BBC (who ought to be the facilitators of intelligent public debate.) Parker did NOT advocate hatred or violence and FWIW Konstantin argued passionately (almost pleading with her at times) that she should take a polite and accommodating view of Trans people. He may have swayed may others (if not her.) To censor such a discussion demonstrates something seriously awry with those at YouTube originally took Triggernometry video down. It’s encouraging that they reversed course.

Ed Turnbull

21st November 2019 at 9:32 am

A quick heads up: it appears the video in question has now been reinstated on YouTube. I suspect there was some pushback against their censoriousness.

If you haven’t watched the video yet I commend it to you. And if the woke hordes become sufficiently restive YT may pull it again – so enjoy it while you can.

Ed Turnbull

20th November 2019 at 2:51 pm

I was lucky enough to watch this on Sunday night, before it got pulled and it was one of Triggernometry’s best. They was nothing at all in Parker’s interview that could be construed as incitement, she merely enunciated truths that some people find inconvenient and / or uncomfortable. But then I guess truth is ‘hate speech’ to some. Were “The Emperor’s New Clothes” to be written today we’d see the little boy not hailed as a voice of truth and reason, no we’d see him grabbed by the mob and lynched. After all, he’d have deserved it for his hate speech.

Getting back to the video, I particularly admired Parker’s robust position on the use of gender pronouns: that she wouldn’t refer to some bloke in a dress as ‘she’ or ‘her’. And her rationale was spot on: it’s all about thought control. In my book forcing someone, by the apparatus of the state, to refer to a *man* as ‘she’ is no different – in effect, or morally – than torturing a man until he believes (or at least says he believes) that 2 + 2 = 5. It disturbs me that so many these days seem to view “1984” as a blueprint, rather than a cautionary tale.

And as for the trannies, I have to say: grow up. You may well want to be a woman, but you can’t – our medical technology isn’t at that stage, yet. Male to female transsexuals / transgenders / whatevers are nothing of the sort – they remain male (the same applies to the FtM variety). No matter how much surgery they undergo, how many drugs they take they remain – biologically – the sex they were born. They’re simulacra (and good ones if they’re lucky) of women, not actual women. That may make them feel uncomfortable, but tough – it’s the truth.

Let me give you a parallel: I’d love to be driving an Aston Martin (other supercar marques are available), but I’m not and it’s extremely unlikely I ever will be (Lotto wins notwithstanding). I could go around telling people that my five year old Mini is the latest DB11, but that wouldn’t make it so. And it shouldn’t be criminal for people to point out that my claim was either a conscious falsehood, or a sad delusion.

Y’know many people claim that we’re now living in ‘Clownworld’ but I think it’s actually worse that that: I feel we’ve fallen through the Looking Glass and we’re now in a place where words mean exactly what Humpty wants them to mean, no more, no less (a ‘woman’ is no longer an adult human female apparently). And we’re expected to emulate the Red Queen and believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Well, I for one shall not be going quietly into that good night, and long may Posie Parker and her cohorts continue to speak. If I may paraphrase Niemoller: first they came for the TERFs… Let us not forget that.

Claire D

22nd November 2019 at 9:34 am

That’s an excellent comment Ed, and I completely agree with you about Alice through the Looking Glass, that world is the perfect metaphor for where we are at. Unfortunately for us there is no waking up, somehow we have to find a way to sort out the madness.

20th November 2019 at 10:58 am

I watched the interview and there was nothing she said that wasnt correct. It might not fit our “cultural norms” but facts dont care about your feeling. No one has ever “transitioned” or been “.born into the wrong body”. And when it comes to children it is simple child abuse. You tube always bans Dr Cretella for simply putting the rational facts forward.

H McLean

20th November 2019 at 9:47 am

When a giant corporation forces it’s own ethical and political standards on society at large, it is fascist.

William Laing Laing

20th November 2019 at 8:35 am

There could be a secret or half-unconscious intention on the part of people shaming others into using words made-up words, to shame others into avowing what they DO NOT BELIEVE by implication. That shamed person will stay cowed for long after. It is humiliating to say cis-man or transwoman when you don’t believe there is any such thing. The avouched hurt feeling of a nano-minority are not nothing, but I don’t think the hurt feelings are the point. Such post-haste and rummage in the land implies a substantial object, and I think it is the compelling conservative people into saying what they don’t believe as a form of psychological warfare. Obviously cruel and bullying people (the activists) say they are persecuting because they are moved by the (supposed) tender feelings of a minority of a minority most of them have never met? Unlikely. There is either an agenda, or they just love the bullying.

Zebedee Arboretum

20th November 2019 at 7:57 am

Considering Triggernometry repeatedly challenged her stance and linked to the alternative view from another interviewee in the content description, one wonders what will date these woke platforms. I saw the interview, and don’t fully agree with Parker’s feminist stance on this, but it’s hardly “hate speech”.

brent mckeon

20th November 2019 at 7:33 am

Using vaccination as an example. That vaccination has been a huge success is not debatable and society as a whole benefits hugely. However there is a small minority who definitely are harmed by vaccination and it is the medical world’s job to help these people. No one of note suggests we stop vaccination because for these (am told it is less than 0.5% of the population) people and thus hurt society as a whole. As with Trans people, guessing they are at most 1/2% of the population but the whole of society is been made to change to fit their need/demands. Surely it is societies/medical organisations jobs to assist these people and adjust them and society so that they fit in and feel affirmed without changing the whole of society/culture.

Mark Bretherton

20th November 2019 at 11:43 am

at 1/2% (by which I assume you mean one to two percent) I believe you are being incredibly generous. Best estimates put it at 0.6% at most, the LGBT range being between 1.2 – 6.8%. Admittedly these are US figures, but if you want crazy, then look to the States first….

Michael McHugh

20th November 2019 at 5:44 am

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” – George Orwell

William Laing Laing

20th November 2019 at 8:39 am

Very true. I think there are people so unlike you and I that, reading Nineteen Eighty-four and coming to the Two Minute’s Hate, they are not appalled or disgusted, but say to themselves, “Yes! *That’s* the way I want to live!”
They aren’t many, but boy are they having their day in sun now!

Tim Wheeler

21st November 2019 at 12:18 pm

‘Slam-Dunk’ Comment!

Danny Rees

20th November 2019 at 12:03 am

Spiked regularly publish articles decrying how feminism portrays women as victims.

brent mckeon

20th November 2019 at 7:36 am

Your point? Maybe you could comment on the ladies views/ideas and offer your point ie get dirty in the ring and allow your ideas/views to also be critted/debated.

steve moxon

22nd November 2019 at 11:25 pm

Women are not victims, dumbo.
On the very contrary, it’s the female ‘gender’ [sic] that is privileged.
Regurgitate any naff groupthink nonsense you like, all is easily shot down.