Labour’s woke war on women

The spiked team discusses trans ideology, the Brexit negotiations and Germany’s populist revolt.

Do trans-critical feminists have a place in Labour? How is the EU dealing with Brexit? What does the rise of the AfD mean for Germany? Tom Slater, Ella Whelan, Fraser Myers, and special guest Bruno Waterfield, discuss all this and more on this week’s spiked podcast.

Comments

Lauder Eric

16th February 2020 at 10:54 pm

A male is a male, a female is a female.
Therefore Harriet Wristrich and Julie Bindel are more feminine and much more attractive than Paris Lees and Caroline Cossey.
And who disagree with the above is gay.
Oh, wait…

Asif Qadir

17th February 2020 at 6:29 am

That could only make sense in an echo-chamber. You can’t justify lies and nonsense in the real world.

Lauder Eric

17th February 2020 at 10:36 am

That it means that you find more attractive Harriet Wristrich’s kind of “woman”?
Thirstyness is not good…
I suggest to use a fleshlight.

domisit domisit

16th February 2020 at 6:53 pm

I am making a good pay from home 1900 Buckets/week, that is brilliant, beneath a year ago i used to be unemployed amid a monstrous economy. I pass on God consistently i used to be invested these bearings, and at present, I should pay it forward and impart it to everyone, Here is I started to…………   www.mywork5.com

steve moxon

16th February 2020 at 10:02 am

Becky Wrong-Daily currently being crucified by Andrew Marr on BBC1 on the ‘trans’ issue.
Marr challenged her signing up to a vehement line against ‘trans’-‘phobia’ that deems several feminist groups as “hate groups”, and — as he pointed out — would see Jess Phillips expelled form Liebore.
[Of course, ALL feminist groups are ‘hate groups’; they’re virulently so; but here they’re talking about the ‘trans’-exclusionary (TERF) position, but which is now a mainstream feminist line — hating male-to-female ‘trans’; not female-to-male ones, you understand!]
Wrong-Daily here nails her screwed-up visage to the whole shebang.
It’s war.
Hee hee

Lauder Eric

17th February 2020 at 1:45 am

I look forward for a boxing match: Patricio Manuel vs a female champion.

Since Patricio Manuel has been born female, “she” is a female, right?

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

15th February 2020 at 11:33 pm

S piked appears to be as obsessed with identity politics as the ‘woke’ themselves. I note that there is almost nothing on this website about Tory corruption, rentier capitalism and BJ’s moral turpitude, as noted by the DM:
S piked appears to be as Londoncentric and ‘liberal elite’ as any other media platform in this country.

Asif Qadir

16th February 2020 at 6:44 am

I’ve seen two of the Fey Squad describe Tommy Robinson as “reprehensible”, most nauseatingly that silly little creep Mandy Mohel, currently doing the leftist rounds proclaiming how anti-woke she is.

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

16th February 2020 at 1:34 pm

‘Fey Squad’ WTF?

15th February 2020 at 4:22 pm

There is no discussion on Spiked of why the left have collapsed so quickly in the face of trans trash. Why are they unable, collectively or individually, to defend themselves against such feeble arguments?

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

16th February 2020 at 3:15 pm

You should be happy. After all, you’ve crushed all opposition, like any democrat would seek to do!

17th February 2020 at 8:50 am

ZP
The opposition has crushed itself. Don’t blame anyone else you idiot . You can’t even put your case for the EU , you run away from any debate you feeble creature.

17th February 2020 at 10:42 am

Your inability to think or to answer is your problem, not mine. Questioning what you regurgitate before making it public is the start point for remedying that.

lolasew524 lolasew524

15th February 2020 at 2:01 pm

Every month I am earning online more than $8650 by doing a very simply online job from my home. By doing this in my part time I was able to save enough to buy me a new car in just a few months. This is so freaking easy that everyone should try it… Start making some dollars online today by following instructions on this website ==>> HERE→’;’;’→→,.,;’;[p][””’→→www.richfly2.com
     <3 Please do not copy (℠) with url thanks ★★ <

lolasew524 lolasew524

15th February 2020 at 1:58 pm

Every month I am earning online more than $8650 by doing a very simply online job from my home. By doing this in my part time I was able to save enough to buy me a new car in just a few months. This is so freaking easy that everyone should try it… Start making some dollars online today by following instructions on this website ==>> HERE→→→→→www.richfly2.com
     <3 Please do not copy (℠) with url thanks ★★ <

Judd Hargreaves

15th February 2020 at 12:18 pm

Woke and Transgender activists shout the word fascist at people who disagree with them, but they are the true fascists, They are the ones physically attacking people who disagree them, they are the ones trying to silence women and people who talk about biological and material truths, they are the ones trying to change the laws and language of the land.

They are a hate group, and they have more in common with the far right than actual leftists like me.

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

15th February 2020 at 12:41 pm

‘They are the ones physically attacking people who disagree them’ — Really? And how many such attacks have their been? I suggest a tiny number. There are some nutters out there and violence is never an answer to anything, and certainly not a legitimate means of advancing your cause. However, tg people of all kinds are frequently subject to psychological, verbal and physical intimidation, harassment and even persecution. In a free society, people have the right to live as they please…

Judd Hargreaves

15th February 2020 at 1:35 pm

Women or any other people should not be expelled from political parties for stating the truth, and wanting to have private single sex areas. It’s not transphobic to say that a trans woman isn’t a woman, it is acknowledging biology. Violence against trans people is transphobia, having an opinion is not.

That is why they are fascistic, because people should not be punished or ostracized for having different views, silencing working class women’s voices is not progressive and it is not left wing, it’s totalitarian.

This is the last thing i’m going to say now because i am quite frankly bored of this whole charade.

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

15th February 2020 at 3:56 pm

JUDD HARGREAVES — Not bored enough to avoid commenting on it though…

‘it is acknowledging biology’ — Really? Do we really know enough about human physiology, the human brain and the aetiology of transsexuality in order to be able to provide a definitive opinion about this issue?

15th February 2020 at 4:57 pm

ZP
You made that up!
Fact free as usual.

Asif Qadir

16th February 2020 at 6:49 am

Jerry Oven-Kraut.

I’d like to see ZP being allowed to speak feely without being subjected to…you. Not only is it lame, it’s annoying because ZP is interesting, you’re just a total di ckhead. P off.

Asif Qadir

16th February 2020 at 6:51 am

All this inane, snipey stuff, Jerry Oven-Kraut. At those you perceive to be weaker than you…lol. P off.

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

15th February 2020 at 12:43 pm

‘biological and material truths’ lol. Feminists have been fighting ‘against’ biology for over a century now. You clearly think it is wrong to alter your body in any way. If so, why do you take medicines or use contraception? Surely those are not ‘biological’, but artificial. Tg medical intervention has saved many lives over the decades.

15th February 2020 at 3:19 pm

Recent examples of the far right attacking people and trying to suppress discussion?

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

15th February 2020 at 9:39 pm

I have never made that accusation. Anybody from the left, right, centre or none of these is capable of shutting down debate.

18th February 2020 at 10:02 am

Zenobia you are not the only pebble n the beach. Look at the indentation and you will see my post was in response to Judd. I know it’s difficult for you , but do try to keep up.

dotohi dotohi

15th February 2020 at 12:18 pm

[ USA ONLY ]
For all of dads and moms that love to stay home to take care of their
loved ones,or rest of people on the search for an opportunity to pull in some
extra income for their familymonth after month let me share a remarkable opportunity to explore…for more info visit any tab this site Thanks a lot

Read more here>>> ☞☞☞☞ W¬¬w¬¬w¬¬.¬¬L¬¬i¬¬f¬¬e¬¬s¬¬t¬¬y¬¬l¬¬e¬¬s¬¬R¬¬e¬¬v¬¬i¬¬e¬¬w¬¬.¬¬c¬¬o¬¬mⒶ

Don’t include this ☞ Ⓐ☜ in web link THANKS

HERE☛ …………..W¬¬w¬¬w¬¬.¬¬L¬¬i¬¬f¬¬e¬¬s¬¬t¬¬y¬¬l¬¬e¬¬s¬¬R¬¬e¬¬v¬¬i¬¬

Tracee Aguirre

15th February 2020 at 9:53 am

I am making a good MONEY (500$ to 700$ / hr )online on my Ipad .Last month my pay check of nearly 30 k$.This online work is like draw straight-arrow and earn money.Do not go to office.I do not claim to be others,I just work.You will call yourself after doing this JOB,It’s a REAL job.Will be very lucky to refer to this WEBSITE.I hope,you can find something,Simply go to the below SITE.
………>>>>>>www.cash61.com

taroci5646 taroci5646

15th February 2020 at 5:35 am

Getting paid every month easily more than $15k just by doing simple job online. Last month i have exactly received $16839 from this online job just by giving this 2 hrs a day online. Now everybody on this earth can get this job and start earning more cash online just by follow instructions here……..for more info visit any tab this site Thanks a lotCopy Here………>>www.richfly2.com

Doroth yGBuzbee

15th February 2020 at 4:06 am

I make a big amount online work . How ??? Just u can done also with this site and u can do it Easily 2 step one is open link next is Click on Tech so u can done Easily now u can do it also here..>>> Click it here

Danny Rees

14th February 2020 at 9:09 pm

Spiked are just pushing the woman victim narrative that they claim to decry and oppose so much.

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

15th February 2020 at 12:39 pm

Yes, it’s ironic, isn’t it. In their hatred against trannies they have climbed into bed with the misandrist radical feminists!

15th February 2020 at 9:09 pm

ZP
No, they haven’t, try reading the article… As you proudly boast you don’t read them

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

15th February 2020 at 9:38 pm

JERRY OWEN — I read it before. My comment still stands.

Lauder Eric

18th February 2020 at 4:33 pm

Apparently, political lesbianism (Julie Bindel, Sheila Jeffreys, Julia Long) is now just good old common sense. At least according Spiked.