Jeremy Corbyn just gave the worst political performance of modern times

Listless, disengaged, unprincipled and bored – Corbyn was awful in his clash with Andrew Neil.

Brendan O'Neill

Brendan O'Neill
Editor

That must surely rank as one of the worst political performances of modern times. Jeremy Corbyn in his grilling by Andrew Neil came across as listless, disengaged, impersonal, irritable, unprincipled and outright bored. Especially when asked about Labour’s anti-Semitism crisis and the fact that 80 per cent of Britain’s Jews think he is anti-Semitic. He looked bored. And of course he started banging on about Islamophobia. He couldn’t believe someone was asking him about those pesky Jews when all he wants to talk about is lovely Muslims.

It was terrible from beginning to end. Corbyn fluffed every single issue. Four times he was given an opportunity to apologise to Jews and he refused. He was asked if saying that ‘Rothschild Zionists control world affairs’ is anti-Semitic and he couldn’t bring himself to say it was. For crying out loud. It was unacceptable, he said. Eventually, when pressed, he said it was an anti-Semitic trope. So why hasn’t the Labour member who uttered those very words been suspended, Neil asked? Oof. And again from Corbyn, just boredom. Irritation. He looked like a man being bothered by flies rather than a man being asked why a significant majority of Jews think he’s a racist.

On the WASPI women and their pensions, a policy adopted by Labour only when Boris was asked an awkward question about it on the Beeb the other night, Corbyn couldn’t say how he would fund those pensions. ‘They have to be paid for’, he kept saying. Okay – but how? No idea. From Britain’s reserves, he suggested. Where in our reserves will you find £60 billion, asked Neil? Don’t know, said Corbyn, bored again. Then came Brexit. Would he campaign in a second referendum? No, he said. He’d do nothing. He’d just run the government. Following his performance tonight, I’d say the fat chance of him running the government just got that bit fatter.

He wouldn’t even say whether he would kill an ISIS leader. Neil gave him the scenario. The military has its eyes on an ISIS leader, that ISIS leader is plotting terrorist attacks in the UK, and you are given the option as PM to kill him – yes or no? Corbyn’s response was as predictable as it was yellow-bellied. Can’t we arrest him, he said? Of course, Jeremy – maybe we should send the Old Bill over to Syria to put him in handcuffs? The idiocy of it. Corbyn is so lacking in principle, in basic decisiveness, that he won’t even commit to killing the leader of the closest thing to religious fascism that exists in the world right now. So much for his anti-fascism.

It was an astonishing sight. And it wasn’t entirely down to Neil’s famous grilling techniques. Neil is great, of course, but much of this disaster was of Corbyn’s own making. He can’t answer basic economic questions, he won’t take a stand on the biggest issue of the day (Brexit), and he won’t even drop a bomb on a mass-murdering, woman-enslaving, child-killing religious lunatic. Most strikingly of all, Corbyn looked like he just didn’t want to be there. Which is one thing he has in common with the rest of the country: we don’t want him to be there, either. When you treat a Q&A over how you would run the country in such a switched-off, cretinous fashion, it really is time to call it a day. Save Labour; hell, save Jeremy himself – put this sad man out to pasture.

Brendan O’Neill is editor of spiked and host of the spiked podcast, The Brendan O’Neill Show. Subscribe to the podcast here. And find Brendan on Instagram: @burntoakboy

Picture by: Getty

Comments

Paul Sutton

28th November 2019 at 6:50 pm

t’s easy to be cynical.

And sometimes hope can seem hopeless.

It takes a hero to stand in the rain, so that kids can get a rainbow.

The original JC faced exactly the same persecution, blindness and bad faith.

But he rose above it all – quite literally, at the end of his life, on a cross.

Surely his reincarnation – the man who brought peace to Ireland, campaigned for kristallnacht and shot Shergar – deserves better?

The rootless cosmopolitan Andrey Neilstein pushes his Zionist agenda. But on the streets of Tottenham, the man in the street – is a man, in a street.

And they were ignored, in this Murdochian showtrial.

Shame on CBS, for broadcasting this travesty.

Ian Davies

28th November 2019 at 12:16 pm

Bored is a fairly generous term I thought. Arrogant was nearer the mark for me. No need for him to explain, he would do as he wanted in a fairly Stalinesque manner if voted in.

Christopher Thompson

27th November 2019 at 6:12 pm

What is a better use of capital? HS2 with a budget of 56bn but now expected to cost 86bn?
Or 60bn to WASPI women? 60Bn to all those individual decision makers is bound to be a more efficient use of the cash. No doubt it would also give a significant boost to the economy, via Britain’s High Streets. The benefits would be spread more equally around the country than the benefits of HS2. It could be inflationary but could that not be another benefit, helping to raise interest rates which might usher in the creative destruction that could free the economy of its torpor? How to pay for it? It could be phased in like HS2 stage payments. Think its a reasonable idea but the problem is we would still have HS2, and then have to fund the WASPI women.

Neil McCaughan

27th November 2019 at 9:01 pm

Why should Women Against Pension Equality for Men receive anything? The case has not been made – because it can’t be.

cliff resnick

27th November 2019 at 4:24 pm

Did many notice the silly old gaffer went to give his ear piece and headphone mike to Andrew Neil at the end, Andrew Neil could be seen politely refusing to accept.

Brian Jordan

27th November 2019 at 3:46 pm

Just wondering: why is my post in endless moderation when another appeared immediately? Its main point was: there’s still time to read Tom Bower’s revealing biography of Corbyn, “Dangerous Hero”, before the election.
Is there something objectionable there, or was it the (largely quoting another’s post) introductory sentence? We shall see…

Brian Jordan

27th November 2019 at 3:47 pm

It appeared straight away.

Brian Jordan

27th November 2019 at 3:53 pm

However, repeating an unkind word about a potential premier seems to be what got it into limbo.

Brian Jordan

27th November 2019 at 1:56 pm

@Paul Carlin
You wonder why Corbyn is so despicable? Well, if his public persona isn’t enough, there’s still time to read Tom Bower’s revealing biography of Corbyn, “Dangerous Hero”, before the election.

John B Dublin

27th November 2019 at 1:34 pm

Jeremy is the gift that keeps on giving!

27th November 2019 at 12:22 pm

Given that Jezza patently doesn’t like being leader, hasn’t he merely agreed to be a placeholder/ lightning rod while Momentum cleanse Labour of its perceived centrists?
Well done, as usual to Mr Neil, who’s so good at his job that one wonders how he’s lasted at the BBC.

Geoff Cox

27th November 2019 at 12:20 pm

I’ve got a lot of respect for Andrew Neil. Amongst other things:

1. He always does his homework
2. He always tried to talk politics/economics with UKIP interviewees, not shout “racist, Tommy Robinson real name …”
But above all:
3. When he was interviewing a guy from some Christian Alliance type party in 2017 I think, he treated the guy with total respect and decency. When it was clear that the man was inexperienced on TV, perhaps somewhat out of his depth, Andrew Neil held back and took the edge of some of his questions and allowed the guy to leave the studio with his dignity intact.

For that, I give Andrew Neil 10/10.

27th November 2019 at 1:44 pm

In the immediate aftermath of 9/11, in a studio in front of an audience, he crushed the contention from a female Islamist apologist and plant that this was “just like The IRA”. He did see any need to disclaim about support for the IRA.
If he were to put her down now the way he did then he would lose his job.

steve moxon

27th November 2019 at 12:19 pm

On top of incredibly falling into the same trap as did Prince Andrew re apologising, falling into the time-honoured trap of Liebore of uncosted vote bribing, and evidently not even being aware his tax policies will clobber those on rock bottom incomes ….. there is the anti-‘progressive’ move to support the obscenity that is the ‘WASPI’ campaign.
This is by women who even now are getting on average five years more pension than men, who were set to get ten years more than men, and are belly-aching that even partial equality should be scrapped! It’s absolutely unbelievable obscenity.
Making it even worse, women overall put in less than half the taxes men do to pay for pensions.
Worse still, the number of qualifying years has been drastically cut, in staggering unfairness to men (who typically work continuously and full-time) to allow women to get a full pension despite not working for it, and even these qualifying years can be for time not working!
You could not make it up. Just imagine of the sexes were reversed!

steve moxon

27th November 2019 at 12:48 pm

Btw, this is the final straw for me: for the very first time ever I’ll be voting Tawdry as a tactical vote in the tight Liebore/Tawdry marginal that is Penistone & Stocksbridge, even though I am a Brexit Party supporter.

Chris Stapleton

27th November 2019 at 4:54 pm

Yes, I am the one you know. I enjoy your contributions and hope you are well. I am no longer “active” but do what I can on the comment threads, which I have returned to on my semi-retirement from consultancy. With best wishes and keep up the good work.

Claire D

27th November 2019 at 2:01 pm

Steve
Most of the time I am in general agreement with you but not on this.
Equality is not possible because men and women are not biologically equal. In terms of employment value men are bigger, stronger and more competitive, at the very least.
If a woman has worked full-time from the age of 16 yrs, she will most likely have taken time off to have children and cared for them 24/7. Pregnancy and childbirth takes a huge toll on our bodies, childcare is hard work. Then there’s menstruation and all the health problems which can be associated with it.
This needs to be taken into consideration and it was, which is why we were allowed to retire at 60 rather than 65.
I don’t know if you concur with the ‘ equality ‘ argument of Feminists, Progressives and politicians, I don’t. If you do, then nothing I have said matters, we are all equally capable apparently and can look forward to 50/50 quotas all over the place. Not good for any of us in my opinion.

Claire D

27th November 2019 at 2:03 pm

*take* a huge toll not takes.

Paul Metcalfe

27th November 2019 at 3:05 pm

If that is the case then how come, on average, women live longer than men?

Claire D

27th November 2019 at 3:15 pm

Paul
I think again it is down to biology and what tends to be the cause of death for each sex, eg, men are more likely to get heart disease which will put an end to their existence, whereas women are more likely to get osteoarthritis and live for many years with it.

Claire D

27th November 2019 at 3:32 pm

The H arvard Medica l blog lists these reasons :

Men take greater risks
have more dangerous jobs
are larger and heavier than women
commit suicide more often than women
less socially connected
avoid doctors and health screening

steve moxon

27th November 2019 at 3:56 pm

I could not agree more, Clare. The sexes are necessarily radically different, so as to fullfil their separate complementary functions: males are the ‘genetic filter’ or ‘mutational cleanser’ to exclude deleterious genetic material from the next generation, whilst females are the conduit of ‘filtered ‘ genes to the next generation. I’m just attacking the nonsense re equality on its own terms.

Claire D

27th November 2019 at 4:14 pm

I should have realised Steve, still hopefully my comment is worthwhile in it’s way. It’s surprising how irony can backfire, I have myself ended up being attacked by the side I support and supported by the side I’m actually mocking.

Chris Stapleton

27th November 2019 at 2:27 pm

Hello Steve. The GRASPIEs have the feminist take on equality: “equality when it’s convenient. privilege when it ain’t.” As women they demand special treatment.

By the way, for some reason over at the Daily Telegraph their moderators don’t like this definition of feminism (too close to the mark?), and it gets removed.

steve moxon

27th November 2019 at 3:51 pm

Eh up Chris. I take it you’re the Chris Stapleton from back then! How goes things? Do you ever see Erin Pizzer?! Please drop me emails re any of my papers you care to comment on.
[‘Moderation’ everywhere is about as ‘PC’-fascist as everything else. One more thing that will go when the whole dumb nonsense collapses.]

Chris Stapleton

27th November 2019 at 4:56 pm

steve moxon

27th November 2019 at 7:45 pm

Three times I’ve tried to reply and some weird unfathomable ‘moderation’ prevents posting. This site has got absurd re this.

steve moxon

27th November 2019 at 7:47 pm

And this is despite my always using the s-word(plural) on here instead of the proper word for ‘jenda’, otherwise the post goes to ‘moderation’!]

Janet Mozelewski

27th November 2019 at 7:53 pm

I’m a woman ‘in the zone’ of this debate. I have always felt women retiring before men was preposterous and still do. I cannot for the life of me understand how and why it continued as long as it did.
My husband told me some sob-stories the other day and positioned it all that women hadn’t been able to plan.
Tosh, said I. Why the hell would anyone want to retire at 60….it’s a ridiculously young age for anyone in reasonable health to retire and no good will come of it. I have never felt it was fair for men to retire five years later given that their life-expectancy is less. There are far more important issues to deal with than this.

Claire D

27th November 2019 at 9:17 pm

Janet
Not all women are as lucky as you with their health, their circumstances or the work they do. Many women’s health declines from 55 onwards. Many women are single and not from choice, which makes living more expensive, especially if they don’t own their own home. Not all women are lucky enough to be working in a job that is satisfying let alone enjoyable; or the work they do is physically demanding and therefore becomes impossible. Many women end up unable to work for these reasons with no pension for years ahead and instead having to claim means tested benefits with all the stress that that involves.
Sad to say that all to often it is women like yourself that have brought utter misery to many less fortunate women.

Charles Stuart

27th November 2019 at 11:39 pm

Claire D
Please don’t think that I don’t appreciate your argument. Yet, it seems to me that all of those things you said about women could be just as true about men.
The problem with the WASPIs is that they don’t want to differentiate between those who really suffered and rich women. All will get the money. That really kills the credibility of their case.

Steve Thackery

27th November 2019 at 11:42 pm

Claire D: About your post of 27th November 2019 at 9:17 pm, I just wanted to point out that many of the factors you list, which you think justify women being specially privileged when it comes to their state pension, apply very much to men as well.

I have supported full equality of opportunity for women and men ever since I became politically active some 40 years ago. But I feel strongly that equality means equality – it means taking the rough with the smooth, not cherry-picking equality when it suits you and special privileges when it doesn’t.

28th November 2019 at 12:49 am

Claire D there is little awareness of the poverty faced by women in small towns, villages and rural areas. Part time work they might have found in the past is now the preserve of younger, East European women.
The brusque dismissal of their plight is shameful.

Claire D

28th November 2019 at 8:20 am

Charles Stuart

First of all I was defending women generally, I made no mention of WASPI women, though the ones who are suffering have all my sympathy.
I did not mention men because I was focusing on women, not because I am unaware of their similar problems.
A year ago the IMF advised the UK that to make state pensions affordable going into the future they would need to be means tested, which seems like a good idea to me. I am well aware that this seems to contradict what I said in my reply to Janet, but being forced to claim ESA in today’s world is very different to claiming your State Pension in the future, I hope. ESA claimants are treated appallingly, claiming your state pension should be a perfectly acceptable, reasonable thing to do (so should ESA ideally).
Depending on evidence, statistical etc, claiming your state pension could be made an option from whichever age the evidence shows to be realistic, whether that is 60, 65 of even 55, who knows ? (A civil servant somewhere will know).

By the way, I think it is ironic that it was the EU that insisted the UK government, in the 1990s, had to raise the pension age of women from 60 to 65 in line with men.
Most of the rest of the world maintain a differentiation between men and women.

Claire D

28th November 2019 at 8:28 am

Steve Thackery

Obviously I don’t agree with you re: ‘ equality ‘, see my reply to Steve Moxon above. I think it is nonsense and simply window dressing to disguise a fiscal policy which takes advantage of some of the most vulnerable in society, older women, the least likely, or able, to make fuss.

Claire D

28th November 2019 at 8:32 am

a fuss.

Willie Penwright

27th November 2019 at 12:04 pm

I thought Jeremy Corbyn was dignified and behaved like the gentleman he is during that ill-mannered verbal assault, but then I prefer British policy-based politics to the new US-style personality-first politics. Politicians should not tolerate this bullying, loutish behaviour from egotistical media performers masquerading as ‘journalists’.

“…80 per cent of Britain’s Jews think he is anti-Semitic.” That still doesn’t make it so. After all 100% of woke anti-free speech students think Rod Liddle, Douglas Murray et al are fascist. Still doesn’t make it so.

27th November 2019 at 12:02 pm

Hitlers socialist party did what they did to the Jews because ‘good men did nothing’.
We are seeing the rise of anti semitism in a present day socialist party that the young are flocking to in droves.. and what are we doing about it ?

Janet Mozelewski

29th November 2019 at 6:47 pm

The young always flock to socialism and enthusiastically soak up all the guff their leftie teachers fill them with. (I remember being the same during the early 70’s- we all thought it was really cool to sing along to ‘Part of the Union’ and ‘Children of the Revolution’ and would go home spouting on about Tolpuddle Martyrs.
Of course, as soon as we got jobs and saw our salaries carved up with deductions we started to see things differently. People like Jezza never do, of course, because they never come out of that bubble at all.

fret slider

27th November 2019 at 10:30 am

Corbyn is in truth a sixth former with arrested development.

A rabble rouser, but no way a leader.

Edward Solomon

27th November 2019 at 10:05 am

In an effort to take the heat off Prince Andrew, Jeremy Corbyn has made a bid for ‘worst interview performance of 2019’. You’d have thought Prince Andrew’s would go down as the most awful interview of the decade. Incredible for someone to top it so quickly. Truly impressive from Corbyn.

H McLean

27th November 2019 at 9:49 am

Britain may not get the Brexit it wants but it increasingly looks like this election will be an extinction event for Labour, and killing them off for good can only be a good thing. Hopefully from the ashes rises a woke-free decent centre-left party that can challenge the Tories and keep their worst traits (mean spirited, penny pinching, north/south snobbery) from running amok.

Christopher Thompson

27th November 2019 at 10:27 am

I will vote conservative but agree with your description of some of their traits.

John Millson

27th November 2019 at 8:26 am

Andrew Neil an ex-Murdoch ‘Lackey’ has to be treated with contempt, apparently. His Momentum paymasters need to be satisfied. Why he can’t apologise about the anti-Semitism issue now is extraordinary. He apologised last year. He has to risk losing some potential support. If this is about keeping minorities ‘on side’ it really is ‘vile’.
As a ‘normal’, ‘mainstream’, LP member it makes me want to weep.
The Conservative Party, who have torn this country into pieces, now look likely to be rewarded largely because ideologues, political knaves have taken hold of the Labour Party and installed an under-powered Chairman/Cipher figure.

27th November 2019 at 9:15 am

J Millson
In what way have the tory party torn the country to pieces ?

John Millson

27th November 2019 at 9:41 am

How far shall we go back? 2010 is probably far enough.
Ideologically-driven austerity measures – prolonged and deep, which have ruined the quality of life for 100s of thousands. Look around.
The EU Referendum gamble that was always going to be divisive. Totally balls=upped and not thought through. (Cameron’s departure right away has to be one of the most cowardly, despicable political acts ever…)
I’d say that was enough to be going on with.
Pragmatically, strategically, morally, politically bankrupt. They’ve always been nonreflective and callous but not to this degree. Never.
Sadly we get what we deserve. Representatives are products of our society and we vote for them.

3rd December 2019 at 3:56 pm

J Millson
Only just seen this. is that your best shot ? Pathetic.
Oh and you use the divisiveness of Brexit yet again.. that’s be the divisiveness of poor losers just like you.

K Tojo

27th November 2019 at 9:47 am

Your comment Mr Millson seems over-emotional and barely coherent. “Ex-Murdoch lackey”, “momentum paymasters”, “political knaves”, “torn this country in pieces”(?). This sounds like the rantings of a student activist bent on cultural revolution not, as you claim, a normal mainstream Labour Party member.

John Millson

27th November 2019 at 10:02 am

What is your point ‘K Tojo’? My word-choice? My genuine feelings about this appalling situation?
I am anti-Corbynite. I am anti-Tory. The two positions cohere.

27th November 2019 at 11:30 am

I see J Millson is still unable to answer my question.. still crying over the fact that he lost the referendum !

fret slider

27th November 2019 at 10:34 am

“”Andrew Neil an ex-Murdoch ‘Lackey’ has to be treated with contempt””

Yes, he can’t be forgiven for showing the nation what a deceitful and ultimately useless person Jeremy is.

Some give him ‘the benefit of the doubt’ on anti-semitism, but they delude themselves.

He did lay that wreath after all…

27th November 2019 at 7:53 am

I decided to watch the interview with some trepidation as I find virtually all politicians so tedious to listen to. But in Corbyns case the half hour went far to quickly, it was both comedic and frightening.
I didn’t realize just how imbecilic and at the same time how dangerous he is. I noticed on a few occasions he had to control his anger that was oh so close to erupting. It was as if he had to count to three in his head before he continued.
This man with the levers of power in his hands would be genocidal, he for the first time for me showed his fragile instability of mind.
We owe Andrew Neil.. the best interviewer on tv, gratitude for pulling Corbyn apart and exposing him for the truly unpleasant intellectually bereft man he is.
If the young vote for him in their drives as predicted we will also know that our education system has failed.
Corbyn for PM .. that would be Piers of course.

27th November 2019 at 7:54 am

*droves*

Stephen J

27th November 2019 at 8:40 am

Sorry to have to lift the veil Jerry, but Piers might have made more sense of the global warming fantasy than his brother, but he is still mightily deranged when it comes to economics.

The clever gene only made a fleeting appearance in the Shropshire home of Corbyns’ senior.

27th November 2019 at 9:16 am

Stephen J
I jest !

K Tojo

27th November 2019 at 1:27 am

Not surprised that Corbyn couldn’t explain how the £58 billion for the WASPI women would be found. The policy looks like a typical John McDonnell vote catching wheeze. Having spotted a previously unnoticed “disadvantaged” group pleading for compensation from the public purse he saw an opportunity to grab another batch of votes with a popular sharing and caring give-away.

Never mind that the promise (sorry, that should be “pledge”) will prove impossible to fulfill. Excuses can be made later when Labour have their hands on the levers of power. “Tory incompetence leaving the economy in dire straits” will be first choice. We are talking entryism here – use sweet talk and promises to get the popular vote first then bring in the hardline Marxism that Corbyn and his cabal have always dreamed of.

Gareth Walters

27th November 2019 at 1:27 am

Quite superb cross-examination. On anti-semitism, the comment that he had strengthened the processes “during the last few months” left me incredulous. It is hardly a recent accusation Mr. Corbyn. The rest of the interview left me very frightened that this man has any chance of becoming PM.

26th November 2019 at 11:45 pm

It is Corbyn’s intellectual vacuity allowed many youngsters to fill in the gaps by imputing to him their own sound byte politics and vote him in as Party leader. Had he a working class accent and been that dumb, they would have trashed him. Instead, his is the much more marketable one that is included in the price and part of the private education package.
Labour do not have another woodentop with anywhere near the density of this one. When he falls, Labour will see that their support was rooted in sand.

Liz Davison

27th November 2019 at 7:05 am

Even his older, and much more intelligent brother Piers, admits that Jeremy isn’t very bright. He’s a McDonnell stooge. The latter, being a dyed-in-the-wool fascist, prefers to control. This means he rarely gets questioned on his policies (I’m sure they’re all his) and allows dim Jeremy to take the flak. He’s so dim he doesn’t seem aware of his precarious position when interviewed.

Michael Lynch

26th November 2019 at 11:19 pm

Instead of ducking and diving to appease the Blairite Remain contingent (vast majority of Labour MPs) he should have stood up for his principles and the working classes. For that lack of courage alone he is no leader and never can be. He is what Orwell once called Baldwin; simply a hole in the air.

fret slider

27th November 2019 at 10:55 am

Corbyn et al hate the working classes

“””‘When the British working class stop reading right-wing news, we will see progressive change.’ “”

They’re white, privileged(!), racist xenophobic, islamophobic etc etc etc etc.

Labour ditched its working class vote for a new ‘diverse’ vote.

27th November 2019 at 11:35 am

‘Labour ditched its working class vote for a new ‘diverse’ voter’ … excluding Jews it appears.
‘Sorry’ really is the hardest thing to say it seems.

26th November 2019 at 10:08 pm

With an interview like that, who does Corbyn think he is? Prince Andrew?

Stephen J

27th November 2019 at 8:26 am

Yes, my meeting with Mr. Marrafat was wholly uncontroversial…

… Just an ordinary shooting weekend.

bf bf

26th November 2019 at 9:44 pm

“Islamophobia”
A phobia being an irrational fear.
Go ahead criticize Islam and see if your fear is irrational.

moqi fen

26th November 2019 at 9:12 pm

although having loads of qualifications is no guarantee of intelligence , Corbyn aptly demonstrates that having 2 a levels at grade E wasn’t down to an excess of intelligence either. He seemed stumped by the examples of tax increases for people earning less than £80000 per annum due to proposed abolition of Married allowance and increases in dividend tax. He’s just not very bright.

Steve Roberts

26th November 2019 at 8:54 pm

BON precise and prompt as usual, yes Corbyn is incompetent,untrustworthy ,hypocritical and the rest. But let’s not forget this is far more than about one man he can and will likely be replaced, fairly promptly.
But let’s not forget all those behind him, all those protagonists and activists of the dire and limiting politics of labourism, left right and centre.
We should expect that, when properly challenged,the limits and irrationalism of the politics of the LP is easily ridiculed, it is based on little more than emotional moralising, patronising the” poor” and “needy” who will be saved by the compassionate altruism of these “caring compassionate” lefties et al.
The politics of Robin Hood , robbing the rich to pay the poor . Robin just had an arrow shot straight through his heart. But let’s not just blame Robin, it’s all his followers we need to be concerned with too, those that even now, when the LP has never been more regressive,reactionary more antidemocratic against the will of the people, they tell people to Vote Labour.
Glassman, Embery, and Chilton have all written or spoke on this site in the past, they have all taken against democracy and support that party, there are plenty more like them, this is not some narrow tactical voting matter, this is parasitical behaviour , when the time has never been clearer that traitorous party needs ditching and denouncing they cling to it for some hope of political survival ,they must not be forgotten along with Corbyn.

Paul Carlin

26th November 2019 at 8:43 pm

Careful, Brendan. Don’t take sides; impartiality is better, sharper and more effective. I despise the creature too, but wonder why he’s so despicable.