The trans lobby has finally met its match

The women of Middle Britain won’t be treated like lesser citizens.

Sarah Ingham

Last week it came to light that trans activists had been key in persuading Procter & Gamble to drop the Venus sign from the packaging of Always sanitary products. Activists hailed this as a great breakthrough, because ‘not all people who menstruate identify as female’.

The Always page on P&G’s website is female-friendly, featuring the inevitable tennis player in old-fashioned whites, as well as some frankly unlikely visions of smiling mother-and-teenage-daughter harmony. It also offers reassuring advice to girls going through puberty.

Explaining its proposed changes to the packaging, P&G stresses it is ‘committed to diversity and inclusion’. But, apparently, it is less committed to its core customer base: women.

The Always saga follows news that the manufacturer of Flora spread is severing its links with Mumsnet. The falling-out between Middle Britain’s favourite online forum and the food giant Upfield over allegedly transphobic posts is just one in a series of recent reports about corporate, state and public-sector capitulation to strident trans activism. If they are pieced together, they reveal a picture of downright misogyny.

In these attempts to accommodate and appease trans folk, biological, natal women are not only regarded as second-class consumers, but as second-class citizens. Earlier this month Thames Valley police announced that the people responsible for posting stickers bearing the definition of woman – ‘adult human female’ – could be charged with a public-order offence. This is Orwellian and reveals an incredibly low view of women.

P&G, Upfield and other corporates who privilege those who identify as women (or men) over actual women should perhaps be considering whether the light blue, white and pink pound of the trans lobby will make up for the loss of its traditional consumers.

The census of 2021 will be the first to include a question on gender identity, to be completed by those aged 16 years or over. The results will provide some welcome clarity. A 2018 briefing paper from the Government Equalities Office shows that since 2004, only 4,910 people have been issued with a Gender Recognition Certificate, which allowed them to change their legal gender. It adds: ‘We tentatively estimate there are approximately 200,000 – 500,000 trans people in the UK.’ (Really?) Even if half that estimated upper limit of trans people are natal women identifying as men, they represent fewer than one per cent of all the country’s 33.6million women.

For shareholders, especially pensions funds, tentative estimates and approximation don’t really cut it. With P&G writing down its Gillette brand by $8 billion earlier this year following its misconceived ‘toxic masculinity’ marketing campaign, investors will be wary of the long-term impact of alienating female consumers, who are calling for a boycott of Always.

Women on Mumsnet are making it clear they will be avoiding Upfield’s products, including Flora, and, following a report in the Daily Mail, comments from readers suggest they will no longer be buying Always. As one #boycottalways tweet stated: ‘Good luck flogging your sanitary towels to men… not sure how that’s going to work out for you.’

Mumsnet and the Daily Mail are two opinion-forming brands associated with middle Britain, where women are fair-minded and tolerant. This was confirmed in a recent study by the Policy Institute at King’s College London, which underlined how much more socially liberal the country has become in the past 30 years.

Middle Britain’s women are neither homophobic nor transphobic. They have compassion for those who suffer genuine gender dysphoria, but less sympathy for male rapists who suddenly identify as female – and anger with those who collude in such misogyny. Middle Britain’s women are also a cohort worth heeding, because, without them, no mass-market product or political party can succeed.

Sarah Ingham is currently working on a history of women and the British military.

Comments

Peter Gardner

9th November 2019 at 6:42 am

Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad.

James Morgan

7th November 2019 at 7:55 pm

It should be remembered that here in the USA, adult males at age 18, regardless of whether they identify as female, must register with the Selective Service as male.

woweco6974 woweco6974

7th November 2019 at 5:28 pm

My Boy pal makes $seventy /hour at the internet. She has been without a assignment for six months however remaining mofiventh her pay have become $16453 genuinely working at the internet for some hours. immediately from the source….www.golden.jobs67.com

User name

6th November 2019 at 3:47 pm

I am as repulsed by homosexuality as I am by transsexuality. Both need to be completely eliminated from society.

A Game

8th November 2019 at 5:04 pm

Well, U. Name, there is a working practice, very popular in Iran, that transsexuality is the solution to homosexuality. If they can manage a compromise… now, c’mon, why can’t you? (Except for lesbians. They get flogged and raped until they see the light… I guess making a woman a man doesn’t really gel with the superiority of men idea.)

Peter Gardner

9th November 2019 at 6:11 am

How do they decide which one of a homosexual couple should change gender?

Claire D

6th November 2019 at 2:38 pm

I cannot agree with the ‘ misogyny ‘ theory. This is not about hatred of women, it’s about big business following trends and avoiding legal hassles. They know that the people least likely to make a fuss are ordinary women (I use the word ‘ordinary’ to differentiate from feminists), who are too busy with family, caring, low paid jobs, the dog and health problems to get round to kicking up a stink over mean little injustices, and cultural sleights of hand that are supposed to signal that the company is ‘ woke ‘.
I am hoping that this time they’ve made a costly mistake.

Peter Gardner

9th November 2019 at 6:21 am

My family is exactly like that except that they have cats not dogs. I point out that dogs are much more expressive because they have eye-brows but to no avail. I’m outnumbered. So I go to the park to ride my bike and pick up dogs. They usually have a human friend with them so I chat to the humans as well but the dogs don’t seem to mind, regardless of gender. No envy or jealousy on their part.
More seriously what you say about manufacturers is correct. It causes a bit of a shock because it acts as a mirror reflecting for all to see the absurdities created by the sophistry of political correctness and Liberalism spreading through society.

Claire D

11th November 2019 at 8:03 am

Aha, the cats vs dogs debate. I’m afraid I just threw in the dog (not literally) for effect. That’ll teach me.

M Blando

9th November 2019 at 6:21 pm

I’d agree business is the pawn. Business doesn’t intrinsically hate women (unless it’s tiny and the boss is reeling from his second divorce).

Is there any misogyny in this at all? Interesting question. I do wonder if it’s all just male ego wanting to be top dog – and that includes over *or despite* other men. To illustrate the despite statement: if you want to be a sports god and can’t have that over other men, well next best. It’s not hatred of women necessarily just a desperate need to be some sort of top dog at something. The unforeseen consequence is a tyranny (Such as “how dare you use the word ‘woman’ you cervix owner! “) and erosion of safety that restricts womens freedoms after a time… which are the same outcomes as misogyny. Misogyny by accident perhaps.

Claire D

11th November 2019 at 6:39 am

M Blando,
Personally I stick with the classical understanding of ‘ misogyny ‘ which is that it is neurotic hatred of women and anti-social, not the contemporary definition by feminists, which is that it covers every single adverse effect (real and imagined) on women. Your comment seems to suggest you might have bought into the latter. Forgive me if I’m wrong.

steve moxon

5th November 2019 at 5:09 pm

The author of this article cannot spot that this is the same ideology as her feminism.
She’s right that the numbers are minuscule — not even remotely what is claimed — but the same is true of gays (about 1.5%) or less — and as for opwest women … the number is zero. Women are privileged, not oppressed, and that’s everywhere. ‘Female cloistering’ (veiling / FGM / foot-binding): that’s female-female competition for high-status pair-bond partners.
[At least she doesn’t try the feminist line that it doesn’t exist: albeit it’s incidence is minuscule, in-embryo malfunction to produce ‘brain patterning’ opposite to ‘somatic’ s-word (and mostly in birth males) is a real phenomenon.]

steve moxon

5th November 2019 at 5:11 pm

The censorship on this site is absurd. That’s the fourth time of trying to post. How can we discuss matters if words denoting the subject at issue lead to blocked posts?!

steve moxon

5th November 2019 at 5:06 pm

Stupid censorship on here or what?!

steve moxon

5th November 2019 at 5:02 pm

Look, Sarah Ingham, you fool: you’re hoist by your own petard.
Can you really not spot that this bull is the same ideological bull as ‘gender politics’ generally?
You’e right that the number of TS is minuscule — not even remotely what is claimed — but the same is true of HS (about 1.5%) or less — and as for opwest XX folk … the number is zero. Women are privileged, not oppressed, and that’s everywhere. And don’t come the ‘female cloistering’ (veiling / FGM / foot-binding) mularky: that’s female intra-sexual competition for high-status pair-bond partners (see my review paper on this).
[At least you don’t try the feminist line that TS doesn’t exist: albeit it’s incidence is minuscule, in-embryo malfunction to produce ‘brain patterning’ opposite to ‘somatic’ sex (and mostly in birth makes) is a real phenomenon.]

Andy Bolstridge

5th November 2019 at 2:22 pm

And today I saw a comment from Sam Quek that made me wonder if the tide has turned as once anyone posting this kind of thing would have been pounced upon by activists and made to apologise. Currently 66,000 likes and 8,000 retweets.

For the avoidance of doubt:

If you open a door for me,
If you pull my chair out,
If you lend me an umbrella when it’s raining,
Or your coat when it’s cold,
If you see me upset & put your arm around me…

I won’t think you’re being sexist, I’ll think your Mum raised you right
👍🏻

antoni orgill

5th November 2019 at 1:09 pm

Can I just say it’s great to discover that in the real world of multi-culturalism (that has ‘failed’ its exams so often) he who would embrace chaos as a fact of life often gets happiness thrust upon him in the form of beautiful women who smell really nice even with the taste of Lithuanian beer on the palate …

M Blando

5th November 2019 at 12:57 pm

There’s a book in all this…
It all starts with a cop called in to investigate a series of disappearances in the back of beyond. He discovers the rumours are true: there are familes living out there who are hiding women (born as women). It’s such a dangerous thing to do that they are shooting strangers on sight and burying them out in the forest.

The cop is understandably mesmarised by these women and it starts all sorts of personal angst for him. Firstly he’s realised the ‘women’ in his world are nothing like an actual women, but some sort of pantomime version instead. He also realises he’s never thought about it before, but what happens to all the girl babies? And here we have the true horror of this dystopian future…

The girl babies are taken to ‘farms’ where they are lobotomised, their bodies kept alive until their wombs mature and can be transplanted.

Be a scary book and the time isn’t right to try and find a publisher… sign of the times or the dystopian future on its way?

A Game

5th November 2019 at 3:16 pm

You go into some of the darker Twitter threads… this is no fiction. There are fantasists who genuinely market the Transwoman as a better version of a woman, and the women are only good for breeding… as long as their babies are taken away to be reared by the Transwoman mother… who has set up shop playing wife, I think, to a husband.
There are already Trans identified males who, through a cocktail of hormones, are breastfeeding babies. Now… I’m not sure how a body chocka with synthetic hormones, what sort of “milk” is being produced, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want it anywhere near a baby. And the mother, all woke, thinks this is great. Child abuse. Frankly.

M Blando

7th November 2019 at 7:57 pm

I don’t consider myself as having been into any of the “darker Twitter threads”, but what you say comes as no surprise. I’m a good listener and the message that a Trans Woman is a better kind of Woman than the poor souls born as women, is there… I hear it. If I’m hearing it, then it’s already reaching beyond those darker threads.

Of course in the book, the Trans Women rule the roost. It was their game plan all along and men born as such who do not wish to, or are not deemed suitable to, ‘join’ that club are second class in the dystopian future.

I cannot help wondering where the flaw is in the book. Did men not see what was happening at some point in the intervening years? Were there no attempts by men to stop it? Women have always been divided about men, so would never have the power to sort it out through sheer united consistent refusal and statistically don’t hold positions of power in society anyway. Walk in the park removing them really. Men on the other hand are not divided about men and do occupy the positions of power… I think I’d look at a storyline where men saw it too late.

A Game

8th November 2019 at 6:27 pm

The betrayal of society by the “woke” is across the board. Men have been signing off on this stuff, along with their diverse colleagues.
In terms of a work of fiction, having fun creating the dystopian world, it is more interesting that men didn’t see it coming, and the more interesting, those men tempted by it. Everything they dislike about women, gone. You get a bloke in all the good ways, and a woman in all the good ways. What’s not to like?

Genghis Kant

5th November 2019 at 9:44 am

It is odd, isn’t it?

If a bloke claims he is Napoleon Bonaparte, then society generally assumes he needs some kind of treatment and help.

However, if he claims to be Norma Bonaparte then we are all supposed to not only agree with his claim, but applaud and celebrate it.

5th November 2019 at 10:42 am

We need to give them,
medicinal compound …

Jonathan Marshall

5th November 2019 at 2:58 pm

But would it be efficacious in every case?

M Blando

5th November 2019 at 2:26 pm

Even the NHS site makes a clear statement of their page about gender dysphoria: “It is not a mental illness”. To which I thought… what is the definition of a mental illness then?

Mental illness: a condition which causes serious disorder in a person’s behaviour or thinking. Hum… Who decided it doesn’t apply? The trans community by per chance? It all seems a bit arbitrary anyway.

Delia Morris

5th November 2019 at 9:37 am

Real annoyed here, women for many years have used men’s disposable razors, they are cheaper and not all of us like the colour pink associated with women’s disposable razors. When are you going to put a female sign on them, we are getting pretty offended and we feel marginalised.

5th November 2019 at 10:40 am

Females form the majority in shoplifting and they target the high value mens razors. Maybe there could be a tariff on their sentences for not stealing for the sisters, and lighter sentences for men to encourage more of them into the profession.
They also target the choicest cuts of beef, which does nothing for vegans.

In my local pub there is a complete and unchallenged inequality in the poaching and sales of salmon and venison, although not in the eating of it.

In none of the above professions is attention seeking an advantage, which could explain the lack of trаnnies.

A Game

5th November 2019 at 3:11 pm

D Morris:
Nice one. Truly… excellent point. And I like ‘wife beater” singlets in winter – thicker, warmer, and not bad for a summer top, either… time to get rid of the Chesty Bonds man off the cover… I feel dysphoric that people might sneer at me for wearing a “mans” singlet.

5th November 2019 at 9:25 am

“The falling-out between Middle Britain’s favourite online forum and the food giant Upfield…”

Perhaps the dumbest corporate decision of recent memory. I hope the shareholders punish the scheisskopfs on the board.

In Negative

5th November 2019 at 9:19 am

“As one #boycottalways tweet stated: ‘Good luck flogging your sanitary towels to men… not sure how that’s going to work out for you.’”

I’m kinda confused… My understanding of this was that FtM trans-folk (i.e. natal women that identify as men) mensturate. Hence, not all mensturators identify as women. Some actual mensturators do identify as men.

Secondly, assuming the argument goes: men who identify as women are misogynists irradicating the concept of ‘woman,’ why is it that women who identify as men are also misogynists irradicating the concept of ‘woman’? Is misogyny here to be seen as the original sin from which all other sins follow?

5th November 2019 at 12:40 pm

In Negative
I’m not sure you mean ‘mensturator’, or is this another new word the trans lobby use that I haven’t yet caught up with. Should it indeed have the word ‘mens’ in it as that sounds rather misogynistic to me ?

In Negative

5th November 2019 at 2:41 pm

Amazingly, there actually was a bit of a debarkle about whether or not ‘mensturator’ should be used in place of ‘woman’. It was quite amusing. Natalie Wynn made a bemused reference to it with a kind of ‘ok, this is a work in progress’ tilt. That was amusing too.

In Negative

5th November 2019 at 2:50 pm

God damnit! ‘Menstruator’!

M Blando

5th November 2019 at 12:44 pm

It would be interesting wouldn’t it to know what percentage of the trans community identify as male/female and have not transitioned and those that have. I suspect it’s minscule and rather skewed in favour of men identifying as women but who have not transitioned (based on the vocal ‘activist’ element). Would be interesting to know.

If women identifying as men but not transitioned is as minute as I suspect then yes: good luck to them selling their wares to those men and staying a viable business.

Perverted Lesbian

5th November 2019 at 9:00 am

Yessss Mumsnet

There are three great articles in Quillette I won’t link them incase this gets stuck in awaiting moderation as a result. Jonathan Kay, Brad Polumbo, and their headline article. If this topic interests you.
I have always felt the misogynistic tone of the ‘self-Id’ TransWoman, I make a very clear distinction between those that have transitioned and those that haven’t whose primary interests seem to be harassing women, including lesbians on lesbian dating apps.

I wonder if the Mumsnet crowd are aware of the ‘TransChildren’ push and pull? This should be getting more coverage. The encouragement of children to change gender is quite literally ‘Gay conversion camp’ realised. You do not have to spend that much time contemplating it either to draw this conclusion. This a scandal in the making if it isn’t stamped out quickly. 10yrs time, these kids are going to be asking, where were you all?

A Game

5th November 2019 at 3:08 pm

The mainstream media has been playing ball with the Trans Lobby. Omitting from the public domain, and charging after anyone who does dare write it up. But slowly, slowly, the veil of secrecy, the secret lobbying of our institutions, is being exposed, slowly… politicians, always the slowest to act, there are a few years to go yet, but as long as detransitioners are backburnered, so the party will continue.
Yes… the self ID “woman”. They are so masculine in their personalities, attitudes… what is a woman? Hair and makeup and high heels.

Danny Rees

5th November 2019 at 8:58 am

“Silenced; told that our needs are secondary to men’s; ousted from our spaces, including hospital wards, toilets and swimming ponds to make room for men… Thanks to misogynistic trans activism, the very concept of what it is to be a woman is under threat.”

Silenced= Disagree with
Misogyny= Disagreed with

The irony of Spiked who bleats on that feminism wallows in female victimhood…

H McLean

5th November 2019 at 7:59 am

It’s should be noted that transactivism is a branch of the same neoMarxist tree that feminism derives from. Sidelined, undermined and demeaned? Men have been subjected to the same treatment for decades while the majority women sat back and basked in their protected class victim narrative. If anything, you deserve this.

Danny Rees

5th November 2019 at 9:01 am

What is hilarious is Spiked mock feminism for it’s women victim narrative yet they give platforms to feminists to push the very narrative when it comes to the horrible “misogynistic” trans lobby.

A Game

5th November 2019 at 3:02 pm

A victim narrative looks to create a victim where there is possibly none. Metoo has done that very well. A look is now an assault.
Woman are literally, LITERALLY being erased, as the second half of the binary. To fight against that, to want to point it out… that’s not victim mentality. That is fighting spirit. And they are rallying their consumer clout… good for them. Seen the Doula UK “scandal”? Woman: adult human female is being considered hate speech. Is that a victim narrative? A biological, factual term. This isn’t victimhood. Its a fight for reality.
And why stop at Margarine. Flora probably make vegetable oils… in fact, I’m gonna look up everything that brand makes that goes around the world… and pointedly not buy any of it.
I just hope more women take the empowering approach. The blokes dropped their razors… women, who mostly do the family shopping… they drop Flora and Always and whomever else wants to tell women they don’t count anymore.

Perverted Lesbian

5th November 2019 at 5:32 pm

Feminism that pit the sexes against each other get called out on Spiked, actual feminists and sex-positive feminists (which is essentially the branch of feminist which calls out the misogynistic trans activist crowd ) well we are all pretty much on the same page.

Peter Gurney

5th November 2019 at 11:54 am

I must say i totally agree with this. No i don’t think that what women are going through now is acceptable. They are trying to take woman out of society.
But the point does stand that you let this all happen to men for almost 2 decades now, We were toxic and cruel and everything else, we weren’t allowed to be MEN !!
Now it’s on women’s doorstep, and oh the shock and horror. No men to back you up, for you’ve killed them from society and those you haven’t will not support you for your siting back and letting them destroy us. So suck it up, you should have acted sooner when you had the chance.
But instead you sat back and let it all happen right infront of you. Zero sympathy !!

Perverted Lesbian

5th November 2019 at 5:38 pm

Pete, who is ‘you’ in this scenario of yours?
Any of the women in your circle? Any of the women you work with?
Most of us did not subscribe to male-bashing, and you have to admit there has been a ton of push back to this kind of feminism in the media.

In Negative

5th November 2019 at 12:08 pm

The NeoMarxist Tree
(by InNegative)

Is there a ‘neomarxist tree’?
Where is it?
Is it part of the ‘marxist tree’?
If so, is the ‘neomarxist tree’ a branch on the ‘marxist tree’?
If the neomarxist tree is a branch on the marxist tree, do trees grow from the neomarxist tree or are there only branches on the neomarxist tree?
What sort of trees would grow on the neomarxist tree?
Also, are there any other trees that grow on the ‘marxist tree’?
What about branches on the ‘marxist tree’?
Does it have branches?
Is there any tree that the marxist tree grows on?
Maybe a hegellian tree?
Does the hegellian tree have branches?
Does it grow other trees?
From what tree does the hegellian tree sprout?
The spinozean tree? The Liebitzean tree? The kantian tree?

antoni orgill

5th November 2019 at 1:06 pm

Pretty stuff and well-rehearsed. Given time the answer will come as all good things come to he who waits at the staircase to heaven. So believed Aneurin Bevan. hahahahahaha bum-bum …

A Game

5th November 2019 at 2:55 pm

H McLean:
Do you lot ever tire of turning every single social story into a chance to whine about being a marginalised white man? An article on dating – you lot make it about you. An article on the battle with Trans – all about you, just an opportunity to take a pot shot at woman (pretending its about feminism – because if it was just about feminism, you wouldn’t go here. The article pointedly describes middle Britain women – Mumsnet – not sure its a hotbed of Marxist Feminists, but that doesn’t matter, does it?) An article about a phobia… all about you, poor you, marginalised you… Take a leaf out of these women’s book – this is how you fight for yourself. You don’t park it on the internet and be so egocentric that anything and everything is about you, victim you. The lack of empathy, persistently shown, to anyone other than yourself… its just tedious. There is a decent portion of society in a battle against identity politics. You’re too busy whining to notice, and frankly, too busy being obsessed with your own identity and where you feel it should be in the oppression Olympics. And that goes for all of you on this site… on every social media platform… there’s something, for those who apparently are leading the charge for traditional masculinity, so childish and resentful and pathetic about it. Man up, FFS. Traditional masculinity believed in protecting woman. Nope. You’re high on the thought of women being violated in their spaces, being erased by Trans ideology.
They have come for women first. Wake up. (And your complacency that this will stop at women… that men are safe, so they can kick back with the popcorn, this is such great fun… shows that you aren’t kicked in the nuts by society at all. You feel untouchable. You’re having a good time at the thought of withdrawing your patronage from anyone who is asking for it. That sounds quite empowered to me.)

H McLean

5th November 2019 at 9:19 pm

Tedious, clueless comment. You’re wrong about everything, including me and my motivations.

A Game

6th November 2019 at 5:16 am

H McLean:
You’ve left a footprint of your views on this site. And the repetition is there… and not just by you…
I stand by my observation that you are an identitarian, crying on behalf of your victim group, whilst you incessantly judge others for doing that very thing. That you are punitive towards other “victim groups” because they usurp what you see as a your rightful place as an oppressed group.
When given power, like in the Trans debate, you choose to play games, rather than just commit to a position. Its all about negotiating your own victim status, before stepping up and doing what in any other pre-intersectional time, would have been just the right thing to do.
Identity politics will never be defeated with your mindset.

H McLean

6th November 2019 at 8:31 am

A. Game ~

Rubbish. You are seeing my opinion through your very tinted and tainted feminist lens. I fall slap bang in the centre of the political compass. I do not and never have viewed myself as a victim. I do, however, see much to criticise in the neoMarxist movement, and if you’re going to criticise really bad ideas then feminism is the most glaring example. Really, it’s just a disgraceful movement that has no interest in equality and by its nature hates and demeans men.

Of course, if you care to look for critical analysis – and there’s a lot of reasoned debate that completely demolishes it – then you’ll soon see that for yourself. But it seems you’re more interested in attacking my character with tired, predictable stereotypes than engaging in a meaningful exchange of ideas.

It was feminist theory that first voiced the intersectional narrative that made hating men a blood sport and led to the current brouhaha over trans rights, but YOU didn’t give two hoots about that until it started effecting the wimmin, that THAT was my initial point. You feminists asked for this and now men are nodding to themselves thinking, ‘Ah, now you know how we feel.’

Stephen J

5th November 2019 at 7:50 am

Well I already made my decision on Flora, about forty years ago, when it occurred to me that manufactured grease was not meant for human consumption, and I decide to be all continental like and use only butter like the Belgians.

Reasons for not using female sanitary kit are less political, I am and I identify as a bloke.

So what is my next political decision about a normal household product going to be?

OK, I pledge that I will no longer use Pledge since it makes bees everywhere redundant.

5th November 2019 at 6:59 am

The daily mail doesnt let comments on any story relating to trans, which are constant. I think the trans lobby has met its match with the LGB alliance. Its really upset Owen Jones which is a bonus.

Tim Hare

5th November 2019 at 6:09 am

I guess if you have nothing else going for you except the fact that you are transgender then getting the packaging changed on a product is a great breakthrough. It terms of human endeavor it is is pretty small beans. Now if they could cure cancer that would be something!

Andy Bolstridge

5th November 2019 at 2:24 pm

IIRC the feminists tried to stop cancer from being cured with their attack of Sir Tim Hunt.

5th November 2019 at 1:54 am

“The census of 2021 will be the first to include a question on gender identity, to be completed by those aged 16 years or over. The results will provide some welcome clarity” Not if the online mob engage in mass deceit. The question has no place on a census. The question also has no meaning.

5th November 2019 at 9:31 am

I’m going to identify as trans, Jedi, of mixed species parentage, and who was homeschooled. It’s only a partial misrepresentation.

5th November 2019 at 10:22 am

Ven, surely not? homeschooled? You poor thing. Do you have a Go Fund Me page?

5th November 2019 at 2:43 pm

None of the above, Jim. I did consider putting Jedi, once, upset at the 100 year rule on censuses for public access, while the great and good get to access them for whatever purposes. ( The reason I changed my mind was that I remembered how naff I’d found the Star Wars franchise – cowboys and Indians in space, but no John Wayne.)