Kate Hoey: Jeremy will regret backsliding on Brexit

Labour MP Kate Hoey is the latest guest on The Brendan O’Neill Show.

spiked

Topics Brexit Politics UK

Labour MP Kate Hoey argues that Jeremy Corbyn, who for many years was a fellow left-wing Eurosceptic, will regret taking the Labour Party to a more pro-EU position.

‘He had a real opportunity to be absolutely clear, as he originally was, that we were going to leave, we wanted to get a good deal, but we have to get out… He will regret this… It’s upsetting because we’ve seen a different Jeremy Corbyn on this.’

During the 2017 General Election, Labour vowed to respect the Brexit vote, but it has since started to advocate a re-run of the referendum. Hoey blasts the ‘zealot Remainers’ in her party – ‘the Keir Starmers… will do anything to stop Brexit’.

Listen to the full episode with Kate Hoey below:

Rod Liddle and Brendan O’Neill in conversation at Podcast Live!

Rod Liddle and Brendan O'Neill
– live in London

Podcast Live

Podcast Live, Friends House, London, NW1 2BJ – 5 October 2019, 2.30pm-3.30pm

To get tickets, click the button below, then scroll down to The Brendan O'Neill Show logo on the Podcast Live page.

Comments

Andrew Wells

13th October 2019 at 5:39 pm

Representing the vast bulk of non-Guardian reading Labour voters who voted OUT, most not living in the London latter bubble of course.

7th October 2019 at 9:43 am

I watched the podcast on YTube yesterday, I never knew much about Kate Hoey until yesterday. She’s impressive.

Gregory Screen

4th October 2019 at 10:10 am

I voted twice for Corbyn. Once my Union vote then paid £25 to join Labour. Libertarian Socialist from Glasgow, working class. I’m voting Conservative. I can’t believe it. Labour should. Take care….

A Game

3rd October 2019 at 9:18 am

20/20 hindsight. For sure.
Labour’s devotion to their middle class base, that the Leave/Labour voters up north were expendable because their vote can always be relied on… Only a mistake those with contempt would make.
But you see that Momentum crowd… that’s meant to be the future of the party. Who would vote for that? They are nuts.

Gregory Screen