‘Meghan and Harry are woke hypocrites’

spiked’s Fraser Myers discusses ‘Megxit’ and the future of the monarchy on BBC Newsnight.

Comments

Bella Donna

25th January 2020 at 9:18 am

Apparently she has aspirations of becoming POTUS so their excuse for wanting a quiet life was a load of bull.

Brexit Bird

20th January 2020 at 8:01 pm

This whole argument about racism is ludicrous. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH RACISM and everything to do with WOKEISM. We don’t want these privileged people dictating to us about how to run our lives. We don’t want their politics. We have had three and a half years of Brexit and Trump bashing politics – and WE have been on the receiving end of “isms”. WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF IT. Jamelia as usual, talking utter rubbish. She isn’t doing too badly to say she is living in a “racist” country. My advice love, if you don’t like this country and the people in it, leave – and I say the same thing to anybody else, of ANY COLOUR.

Bella Donna

25th January 2020 at 9:13 am

👍

Neil McCaughan

17th January 2020 at 5:16 pm

She should have her passport stamped PNG, and he should be given the choice of her, or his titles and perks. Grabdication is unacceptable.

Michael Lynch

12th January 2020 at 11:43 pm

Notice how the rest suddenly turned all London woke when Jamelia suggested that Meghan must be treated differently because she is a BAME. As far as that fake historian women is concerned, I remember in an interview with David Starkey, just after the referendum, claiming that London would peel away from the rest of the UK! And she is what passes for an expert nowadays?! Under no circumstances can Harry & Meghan be allowed to trade using their titles. The British monarchy rule by the consent of the people, therefore, those titles belong to the people. They cannot be used to amass personal fortunes. If the Royal family allow this then they will face an existential crisis.

Michael Lynch

12th January 2020 at 11:50 pm

Should have waited toward the end before that comment about the panel ALL going woke. I think Jamelia needs to move to Canada with Meghan if she thinks British society is so terribly racist. She obviously doesn’t like living here too.

ZENOBIA PALMYRA

11th January 2020 at 12:31 am

England must remove the monarchy once and for all and embrace democracy for the first time in its history.

republic.org.uk

Bridget Jones

10th January 2020 at 7:23 pm

‘Do you eat Quoina, do you recycle, do you believe in the death sentence’ how condescending and naff all to do with Brexit.

Femxle Penis

12th January 2020 at 12:55 pm

I know right, and the which side are you on ‘Kate and Wills, or Harry and Meg’, yeah alright Helen, I think that maybe a narrative you’re promoting or created in your head, the rest of us haven’t picked a side, cos we’re not 5yrs old. JFC

10th January 2020 at 2:00 pm

Four comments under mod today, yet others appear just before and after mine, how does this work ?

jan mozelewski

12th January 2020 at 6:56 pm

I have no idea either Jerry. I think I will take to including spam ‘earn money from home in dodgy ways’ ads with my posts because they clearly never get zapped.

Michael Lynch

12th January 2020 at 11:51 pm

Get it all the time myself, Jerry. Always seem to appear after a couple of days.

Neil McCaughan

17th January 2020 at 5:14 pm

If your comment goes straight into mod, it’s because you have used a trigger word or expression. These are pre-set by the list owner to exclude obviously pestilential trolls. Brendan might need to refine his list slightly.

Marvin Jones

10th January 2020 at 12:01 pm

The moment their engagement was planned, I was convinced that this could be the beginnings of the demise of the entire phoney pantomime. There is obviously something more serious going on, so the solution is simple. Give up the titles and the cottages/ mansions and all the trappings, and sail away into the new life you two choose. The people will accept that and wish you two well.

jan mozelewski

12th January 2020 at 6:59 pm

I won’t wish them well. Without the ‘pantomime’ as you put it…..paid for by the British taxpayer, he’d be a retired officer looking for a job (my husband found out how hard it was to transfer those skills) and she’d be an already-ageing B or C grade TV actress.